Album Review

The Prospect - America Album Cover

The Prospect - America

Reviewed by
The Prospect - America
Record Label: None
Release Date: December 27, 2007
Who?

An up and rising pop punk band hailing from the small beach town of Brandenton, Florida. Although they are from a small town along the west coast of Florida, The Prospect is making quite a splash all over the country.

How is it?

The rather short EP entitled America is fairly impressive. The Prospect takes influences from the pop punk, indie, and mixes it all together. Risky? Not with this band; each song on America has a different sound to it.

"America" displays the pop element of The Prospect, while "Curator" show the sensitive side, and "Horseshoes and Handgrenades" displays the heaviest part of The Prospect. "You've Got Red On You" displays everything The Prospect has to offer, including outstanding vocals and great instrumentation; it is the best track on the EP.

America is a great EP from beginning to end, although it is rather short. But with the different styles of each song, its hard to say which direction they'll end up going. Anyway they go, it won't be disappointing.

Recommended If You LikeBayside; Evaline; Saosin's Saosin

myspace.com/theprospectfl
This review is a user submitted review from Handraa. You can see all of Handraa's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
09:41 AM on 03/10/09
joebucci
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great review. Great band.

These guys are super nice and put on a great show. I'm from the area and get to see these guys perform fairly often. They are a hard working band and it shows in the new music they are always playing for us. Can't wait to hear more recordings.

I think you can buy the EP on their MySpace, or get it from iTunes. Do it. It's worth it.
09:06 PM on 03/10/09
pstumphlover01
Symphony Soldier in the Whisper War
User Info.
aww! i love The Prospect!! they are soo nice!
first We The Kings. now The Prospect. i'm soo glad that i live right outside of Bradenton!! =D

it was actually funny, i first met Adam(bassist) and Billy(singer/guitar) after a We The Kings show in Tampa at Tropicana Field. they were both really nice. i didn't meet the rest of the band until an acoustic Hot Topic show in Bradenton a few months later.
10:14 PM on 03/10/09
laynuh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band is really amazing. They have an enormous amount of talent and the singer has an outstanding voice. Buy their album!
06:48 PM on 04/07/09
Brad_Pfister
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band has what it takes to get to the top! Everything from SoCo piano, to Thrice-type palm muting and A7X leads! The Prospect will not disappoint you, pop in their CD and go on the musical journey these talented musicians will lead you on.
07:46 AM on 05/05/09
drakey
User Info.
Bayside? Evaline? Saosin?

Never heard of The Prospect, but if I don't check this band out, I'll never forgive myself.
02:24 PM on 08/08/09
MyChemMeghan
Merci Pour Le Venin
User Info.
I got their CD for free at Warped Tour this year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos