Username
Password

09:01 AM on 04/21/10 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
I think the Diamond Church Street Choir is quickly becoming one of my favorite GA songs.
09:12 AM on 04/24/10 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
The Diamond Church Street Choir is one of the most catchy songs I have heard in a while.

It really is. It's easily my favorite song on the new record, although I do actually love it all, aside from We Did It When We Were Young.
12:20 PM on 04/24/10 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Seriously, what's up with the hate for this song? Personally I like it a whole lot...I think it's a great closer for the album. Sure it's not "The Backseat," but "American Slang" is no "The 59 Sound." I think it works. I think everything on this record works except the first five seconds of "Boxer" and that boring-as-fuck slow drumbeat that pops up on the title track and some other places. And I've even kind of come to terms with that.

It's not that I hate the song, it just doesn't fully live up to my expectations in comparison to all of their other album closers. They usually end so strong, be it "Red At Night," "Blue Jeans," or "The Backseat." It's still a good song, it's just one that I don't love. And ya, I still don't know what I think about the beginning of "Boxer," but other than the beginning the rest of the song is great.
01:52 PM on 04/24/10 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Alright. I gotcha. Personally, I still think it's a good closer. Sure they have better...but you can't have it all. I might like it better than "Red at Night" though, just because that song is so close to the one I have posted below, which I have known for much longer.

Oh, don't get me wrong."Boxer" is probably my favorite song on the album.

First of all, nicely done with bringing in the Mermaid Avenue haha, I love that album. And I can definitely see why you'd like "Red At Night" less because it is so heavily influenced by that song, but I dunno, it doesn't really detract from the song for me at least.
11:17 PM on 06/15/10 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
I found these on youtube just now. They're kind of annoying because they're only the first minute or so of each song, but they're cool anyways:

02:54 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Okay, I've been not liking The Gaslight Anthem for quite some time now, but I saw a video that makes me willing to give them a chance. Give a list of three songs that I should listen to. Make them good. This is make it or break it.

Listen to this guy. These are exactly what I would've chosen:

The best place to start with Gaslight?

"The '59 Sound"
"Great Expectations"
"Here's Looking at You, Kid"
01:55 PM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Have TGA ever not put something out good? Band's helluv consistent.

Single's their best lead single I think. Fans will be pleased.
Better than The '59 Sound? Wow, that's saying something.
02:22 PM on 07/21/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Handwritten, Too Much Blood, and Here Comes My Man are probably the album highlights for me right now. Love it all though.
09:26 AM on 07/22/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
handwritten is such a beautiful song
Yup. The bridge is just perfect. I think it will go down as one of the 'classic' Gaslight songs like The '59 Sound or Great Expectations. It gives me that same feeling.
09:21 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Blue Dahlia needs to be on this record. 12 songs would have been perfect and it's probably one of my favourites of the bunch.
12:35 PM on 11/05/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Jumping in on this:

Sink or Swim: 1930
Senor and the Queen: Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
The '59 Sound: Miles Davis and the Cool
American Slang: The Diamond Church Street Choir
Handwritten: Biloxi Parish