Password

10:24 AM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I am excited to pick up the live EP today! Hopefully

Ditto! I pre-ordered it from some on-line store, just to ensure that I get myself a copy. Unfortunately, there isn't much available at Newbury Comics special for the day. But eh, these things happen. Sigh.

Although I do plan on doing some shopping in a bit - Record Store Day is a splendid excuse for that. Haha. Not sure what I'm going to pick up. Any recs?
10:25 AM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
*cough* stabing westward????

The only reason I didn't mention them was because I don't really lump them in with nu-metal. But they're pretty okay, if you ask me.
12:27 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
The only reason I didn't mention them was because I don't really lump them in with nu-metal. But they're pretty okay, if you ask me.

Ya I'm awful with generic music labels. All that industrial, rap, computery, radio-friendly 'metal' type shit from the late 90's is just nu-metal to me. You mentioned Korn, have you heard their song Sean Olson from the Crow: City of Angels soundtrack? One of the few songs by them I still like.
12:36 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Ya I'm awful with generic music labels. All that industrial, rap, computery, radio-friendly 'metal' type shit from the late 90's is just nu-metal to me. You mentioned Korn, have you heard their song Sean Olson from the Crow: City of Angels soundtrack? One of the few songs by them I still like.

Yeah. Those bands tended to kind of...Blend together to a degree. I always associated Stabbing Westward with Nine Inch Nails and Gravity Kills. I used to have that MP3. But I don't have it lying around anymore. I was always a big fan of "Proud" from the I Know What You Did Last Summer soundtrack, though. "Kick the P.A." from the Spawn soundtrack, too.

Wow. Somebody must be ripping their hair out at all the nu-metal talk in a Gaslight thread. Talk about a dichotomy. Haha. The only way this could possibly get back on-topic is if Kirb found a random, live recording of Brian Fallon doing an acoustic cover of a Staind song. "It's been a while..."

Not that that would ever happen. But it's a funny thought. Although, I get the feeling that hearing his voice with those lyrics might actually make them sound sincere!
12:37 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
googirl8907
legalfreemusic.tumblr.com
Female - 25 Years Old
I finally managed to find The '59 Sound.
12:55 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Yeah. Those bands tended to kind of...Blend together to a degree. I always associated Stabbing Westward with Nine Inch Nails and Gravity Kills. I used to have that MP3. But I don't have it lying around anymore. I was always a big fan of "Proud" from the I Know What You Did Last Summer soundtrack, though. "Kick the P.A." from the Spawn soundtrack, too.

Wow. Somebody must be ripping their hair out at all the nu-metal talk in a Gaslight thread. Talk about a dichotomy. Haha. The only way this could possibly get back on-topic is if Kirb found a random, live recording of Brian Fallon doing an acoustic cover of a Staind song. "It's been a while..."

Not that that would ever happen. But it's a funny thought. Although, I get the feeling that hearing his voice with those lyrics might actually make them sound sincere!

I almost mentioned them, but wasn't sure if anyone outside of the midwest had ever heard of 'em. One of my first concerts.

Staind, haha, even better would be the announcement of a bar tour with Uncle Kracker. I don't know about you but I can picture Kirby holding up a lighter to Follow Me.
01:00 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I almost mentioned them, but wasn't sure if anyone outside of the midwest had ever heard of 'em.

Staind, haha, even better would be the announcement of a bar tour with Uncle Kracker. I don't know about you but I can picture Kirby holding up a lighter to Follow Me.

I can. And it's a beautiful image. Haha. But seriously. That's an interesting thought. I can HEAR Brian Fallon singing those songs in my head, and it sounds legitimately better.

Funny story about Staind. I was privy to a meet n' greet/acoustic performance radio thing with those guys. And uh, they were douchebags. Huge douchebags. But the best part about the whole thing? The D.J. doing the interview was deliberately asking questions that were going to piss them off.

...He just kept asking them about nu-metal, the early 2000's, etc. And questions that emphasized their hick-like tendencies. It was hilarious.

PS: I was there with a purpose, not for my own shits n' giggles. Haha.
01:08 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old

HIGH-FIVE! Have you had a chance to go through the artwork/lyrics yet? I thought those were very well-done. Also? Jason Segal is the man. Nice avatar.
01:13 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
googirl8907
Female - 25 Years Old
HIGH-FIVE! Have you had a chance to go through the artwork/lyrics yet? I thought those were very well-done. Also? Jason Segal is the man. Nice avatar.
I haven't had a chance yet. I was just going to go that. Thank you.
01:30 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
SanePsychotic
Queerkegaard
Bloomington, IN
Male - 22 Years Old

Yaaaay!
01:59 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
googirl8907
Female - 25 Years Old
haha That was my reaction too.
01:59 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
DaveZeroZero
I forgot how many posts I had.
London/Southampton,...
Male - 23 Years Old
I've had it since Christmas, so nnnhhh
03:29 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
googirl8907
Female - 25 Years Old
are all the records for the live album designed to look like a test pressing? that's how mine looks. just wondering.

EDIT: oook, after doing some checking, i found out that - yeah, the records are designed to look like test pressings. coool.

Pic?
03:34 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
are all the records for the live album designed to look like a test pressing? that's how mine looks. just wondering.

EDIT: oook, after doing some checking, i found out that - yeah, the records are designed to look like test pressings. coool.

03:36 PM on 04/18/09 
User Info.
voncorn
Once again, it's all an act.
Denver, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
I lent my copy of The '59 Sound to my father in hopes he might dig it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos