Password

06:23 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, England
Male - 20 Years Old
Good podcast question.
I'll definitely be tuning in if this gets answered. Really enjoyed this week's segment about brand new.
07:13 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Weird to see so much hate directed at "Too Much Blood." It's one of my favorite cuts off the record. But... I also like Soundgarden.
07:30 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
Gaslight has plenty of good mid-tempo songs. The problem with too much blood is the lyrics are cringeworthy.

Is this why everyone hates Too Much Blood? Really?
07:47 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Is this why everyone hates Too Much Blood? Really?

I mean, I can't speak for everyone. But I just find the whole "let me be open and honest: was I too open and honest in my songs guys?" thing to be groan worthy. *shrug*
08:42 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Weird to see so much hate directed at "Too Much Blood." It's one of my favorite cuts off the record. But... I also like Soundgarden.
Same. It's not nearly as bad as people like to make it out to be. Though while I do love Soundgarden, I'm not hearing much of a connection between them and Too Much Blood. Is it the verse riffs that do it for you? Or is it the higher register vocals?
08:43 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
Mount Horeb, WI
Male - 19 Years Old
It's not the lyrics I dislike about Too Much Blood, it's the music. Specifically his vocals bug me on that song.
08:45 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Same. It's not nearly as bad as people like to make it out to be. Though while I do love Soundgarden, I'm not hearing much of a connection between them and Too Much Blood. Is it the verse riffs that do it for you?

It's the verse riffs, and the part where he sings "I ain't no angel, but I got nothing to hide." Total Cornell, in my opinion.
08:53 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
It's the verse riffs, and the part where he sings "I ain't no angel, but I got nothing to hide." Total Cornell, in my opinion.
Yeah, that part always reminded me of his vocal style too. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy with more of their 90s/grunge influences seeping in on this album haha. Really I just want a Gaslight/Pearl Jam tour, if anything. /wishful thinking.
09:26 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
I mean, I can't speak for everyone. But I just find the whole "let me be open and honest: was I too open and honest in my songs guys?" thing to be groan worthy. *shrug*

Hmm. Fair enough I suppose. I've never had a problem with that but I see where you're coming from
10:14 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, England
Male - 20 Years Old
Apart from Chris Cornell doesn't sound like he's gargling
10:19 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Hmm. Fair enough I suppose. I've never had a problem with that but I see where you're coming from

yeah. I'm also not huge on Handwritten for similar reasons, but the supporting lyrics on that song are better. Especially the "Here, in the dark, I cherish the moonlight / I'm in love with the way you're in love with the night" bit.

cool thing about music though is everyone has their own tastes. As long as someone is happy with it I'll be a little bummed I don't like it but can't get too worked up over it.
10:27 PM on 07/09/14 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
[quote=CluckyB;132199585]yeah. I'm also not huge on Handwritten for similar reasons, but the supporting lyrics on that song are better. Especially the "Here, in the dark, I cherish the moonlight / I'm in love with the way you're in love with the night" bit.
/QUOTE]

Agreed. That's my favorite part of the song.
02:11 AM on 07/10/14 
User Info.
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
Phoenix, Arizona
Male - 26 Years Old
I think I'm going to like Get Hurt a lot more than Handwritten.
07:20 AM on 07/10/14 
User Info.
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
NYC via GNV
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
tempo-wise like too much blood or lyrics wise?

Gaslight has plenty of good mid-tempo songs. The problem with too much blood is the lyrics are cringeworthy.
tempo-wise a bit, music-wise a lot, lyrics-wise not at all haha. the lyrics on get hurt are on par with the rest of his work as far as i can tell after three days of having it.
Does having an album advance sometimes spoil the anticipation for you? By the time the record comes out, you'll have worn it out for a month or so but it'll be fresh out of the wrapper for the rest of the fans. Or are you excited just to be eventually allowed to discuss it?
i definitely am going to make sure we hit this on the next podcast. it would be a wall of text if i answered here, i think.
I remember reading some of his quotes along those lines and just thinking, "There's no way that's true."
yeah...i think he is just setting people up to expect something different because they're nervous about how people might react
07:22 AM on 07/10/14 
User Info.
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
NYC via GNV
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
Here’s my click-bait lede: Get Hurt may end up being a career crippling album that alienates longtime fans with a walk virtually one hundred and eighty degrees from where the internet masses have seemingly declared they ‘should’ go. Here’s my opinion:1 It’s so fucking good, I’m currently leaning toward calling it career defining. There’s something breathing within the songs, something allowed to freely move within the mid-tempo that takes on a life of its own.
just so i can understand this post a little better, where is it that the internet thinks they "should" go? i'm not very caught up on this thread so i'm not sure what people are expecting.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos