Before you request something, see if any of these links do anything for you.
B-Sides 'R' Us
- Official b-sides blog. Ten or so of us b-side thread regulars run it and it's got quite a bit of stuff.
- This is a really cool site that lets you download any song of myspace (and if you know your stuff, any other site as well.) Also, a new feature - you can download the original files, too (if you're not in the US.) That means that you don't get shitty 96kbps stream rips, but you get the original file the band uploaded. Pretty cool, right? If you're not in the US, then don't fret, you can still use this. Just see the next little bullet.
- Ignore the name, this is a decent internet proxy. Why would I have this on the first post, you ask? Well, if you type in "http://www.file2hd.com
," you can download the original, high-quality files no matter where you're from. When your browser asks you to save the file, it will probably give the file the name "index.php". Just remember to change that to "whatever the song title is.mp3" and you should be good to go.
- Allows you to convert between file types without downloading a program. Especially useful for stealing the audio from a Youtube video. What higher quality mp3's? Download the original file with Keepvid and use Zamzar to convert the download file to mp3.
- Records anything that comes out of your speakers. For example, say you want a song that a band has put up on Purevolume but you don't know any way to get it. Use Audacity as your last resort - just hit record and play the song, and you're good to go. This doesn't just record the song, though - if you click anything or make any other noise on your PC, Audacity will record that, too. Also a very simple audio editing tool.
- Use this program to open any .rar or .zip files that you can't get open. Mostly all uploads in this thread use the .rar format, so I highly suggest you get it. REMINDER: WINRAR IS FOR PC USERS ONLY! If you're on a Mac, then you'll want to use StuffIt.
Peewee's Acoustics & Rarities
- Great blog run by an occasional member of the b-sides thread. Want good quality rips? Look no further.
Kevin Devine Rarities
- A large amount of KevDev songs in one spot, also run by an occasional member of the b-sides thread.
Also, before you request, remember that good ol' J Tate put a "Search This Thread" function up in the upper-right hand corner of your page, underneath the page numbers.
The first thread can be found here: http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=316273
The second thread can be found here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=462621
The third thread can be found here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=661112
For Christmas songs and requests, go here
had to do it, eh??