- Catchy as hell. They have an upbeat vibe with awesome hooks and shizzz. "Barely Survived" is a hit dudes/dudettes. Check it.
Sleeping At Last
- They remind me of Augustana a bit. They're on (or were) on Interscope... Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins hooked them up with that deal. They're a mellow piano band with substance. "Currents" is a great ass song.
- Another band with piano. They have a throwback kind of sound, sort of, not really, maybe. With better production and a bit of vocal work, they'd be set to take on the world.
- The new songs will curbstomp you! They're not released yet, but they will be before you know it... they remind me of Northstar but cooler. Like, much cooler. Anthony Green likes them and Anthony Green is hot, so you should listen to what he likes.
- She likes video games, she's hot, and she's from Nebraska and isn't a hick! She's also single...sheesh, What more could a guy possibly ask for?! :wow:
's (hickpuff) Recommendations------------
- "Stories and Alibis" - I forgot how good this album was. If it's been a while since you've listened to it, listen to it again. I've been totally into this cd lately.
Motion City Soundtrack
- "I Am the Movie" - I saw MCS this weekend on the Fusion Tour and I got my cd out again; you should too!
- this game (for any Nintendo system) is definitely guaranteed to cure your boredom or provide a great time with friends. Check out the DS version coming out on the 15th!
Dragon Quest VIII
- Coming out the 15th, this game is going to rock for anyone that is a RPG fan. 'Nuff said. Pick up the slime controller
while your at it. :)
--------------Felicia's (the_narrator) Recommendations-----------
Venice Is Sinking
- They are a self-described indie-rock band that has caught my eye in the local Athens, GA scene. They are a lot of fun to watch live, and they often can play as well in person as they do on their split EP with What We Do Is Secret. Listen to: "Undecided"
- The wisest man in the world, Kyle (Skabum14), showed me this guy, further proving his awesome taste. Indie-hiphop with smart lyrics, P.O.S. is on tour with Atmosphere and Blueprint, so you shouldn't need any more proof of his cred to check him out. Listen to: "Music for Shoplifting"
- This band gets attention on this site, but after hearing them live, I feel it is my public service to make sure everyone hears this girl's voice. It blows me away every time. Listen to: "The Falling Kind"
The French Connection
I swore if I ever did recommendations, I'd represent some friends out of Valdosta, GA. Their current status as a group is a bit varying depending on who you ask, but these kids make catchy instrumentals and songs. Listen to: "Polka Macabre"
Other than that check out:
We Versus The Shark
The Easy Escape
Her Space Holiday
I also recommend any book by Dave Eggers
----------Louise's (liethrulipgloss) Recommendations--------------
- They are just this amazing Swedish band that play straight up rock music with gorgeous vocals and lyrics. Of course, the only downside is that they happen to sing in Swedish which isn't so accessable but they are just one of those bands where understanding what they say really doesn't matter because it's just so darn beautiful! They do have english versions of a couple of their albums, but I'd stick to the originals. My favourite albums by them would have to be "Vapen & Ammunition" or "Isola".
Lewis & Clark
- So so so so so good. Lou Rogai is such a genius. They are super chill indie folk stuff that your even your mother will approve of. You can't help but listen to the title track of their full-length "Bare Bones & Branches" over and over and over again. This album, even though originally released over seas last year, is definitely a front contender for my favourite album of the year.
- I don't even know what to say about this band. They are like some weird, freakish mix of post-hardcore, experimental metal-ish stuff that's just fun to listen to. It's a huge pity that their EP is only like, 15 minutes long because I love it. Their EP "Unleash The Compassion" is out now.
Death From Above 1979
's new remix album "Romance Bloody Romance" - Seriously. This remix album is probably one of the best out there. The Justice remix of "Blood On Our Hands" is just soooo priceless, I mean how can you not love the added synth beat things that make it sound like real hand claps?
- I love this band so much. I don't know how anyone couldn't, they are just that much fun. It's kind of hard to classify their sound, but they're in the indie folksy range. If you picked up a copy of their latest LP, "Picaresque" you should go out and find the little EP of b-sides and various rarities they recorded during that period called "Picaresqueties". The song "The Bandit Queen (With Dialogue and Tap Dancing)" is just such a prime example of The Decemberists being awesome.