Username
Password

07:01 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Frank Giaramita
AP.net's Princess
Long Island
Male
Red Panda- Catchy as hell. They have an upbeat vibe with awesome hooks and shizzz. "Barely Survived" is a hit dudes/dudettes. Check it.

Sleeping At Last- They remind me of Augustana a bit. They're on (or were) on Interscope... Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins hooked them up with that deal. They're a mellow piano band with substance. "Currents" is a great ass song.

Dropping Daylight- Another band with piano. They have a throwback kind of sound, sort of, not really, maybe. With better production and a bit of vocal work, they'd be set to take on the world.

Like Lions - The new songs will curbstomp you! They're not released yet, but they will be before you know it... they remind me of Northstar but cooler. Like, much cooler. Anthony Green likes them and Anthony Green is hot, so you should listen to what he likes.

Katie- She likes video games, she's hot, and she's from Nebraska and isn't a hick! She's also single...sheesh, What more could a guy possibly ask for?! :wow:

-----------Katie's (hickpuff) Recommendations------------

Matchbook Romance- "Stories and Alibis" - I forgot how good this album was. If it's been a while since you've listened to it, listen to it again. I've been totally into this cd lately.

Motion City Soundtrack- "I Am the Movie" - I saw MCS this weekend on the Fusion Tour and I got my cd out again; you should too!

Mario Kart- this game (for any Nintendo system) is definitely guaranteed to cure your boredom or provide a great time with friends. Check out the DS version coming out on the 15th!

Dragon Quest VIII - Coming out the 15th, this game is going to rock for anyone that is a RPG fan. 'Nuff said. Pick up the slime controller while your at it. :)

--------------Felicia's (the_narrator) Recommendations-----------

Venice Is Sinking- They are a self-described indie-rock band that has caught my eye in the local Athens, GA scene. They are a lot of fun to watch live, and they often can play as well in person as they do on their split EP with What We Do Is Secret. Listen to: "Undecided"

P.O.S.- The wisest man in the world, Kyle (Skabum14), showed me this guy, further proving his awesome taste. Indie-hiphop with smart lyrics, P.O.S. is on tour with Atmosphere and Blueprint, so you shouldn't need any more proof of his cred to check him out. Listen to: "Music for Shoplifting"

Veda- This band gets attention on this site, but after hearing them live, I feel it is my public service to make sure everyone hears this girl's voice. It blows me away every time. Listen to: "The Falling Kind"

The French Connection I swore if I ever did recommendations, I'd represent some friends out of Valdosta, GA. Their current status as a group is a bit varying depending on who you ask, but these kids make catchy instrumentals and songs. Listen to: "Polka Macabre"

Other than that check out:
Sims
Avow
We Versus The Shark
The Easy Escape
Her Space Holiday

I also recommend any book by Dave Eggers

----------Louise's (liethrulipgloss) Recommendations--------------

Kent - They are just this amazing Swedish band that play straight up rock music with gorgeous vocals and lyrics. Of course, the only downside is that they happen to sing in Swedish which isn't so accessable but they are just one of those bands where understanding what they say really doesn't matter because it's just so darn beautiful! They do have english versions of a couple of their albums, but I'd stick to the originals. My favourite albums by them would have to be "Vapen & Ammunition" or "Isola".

Lewis & Clark - So so so so so good. Lou Rogai is such a genius. They are super chill indie folk stuff that your even your mother will approve of. You can't help but listen to the title track of their full-length "Bare Bones & Branches" over and over and over again. This album, even though originally released over seas last year, is definitely a front contender for my favourite album of the year.

Glitter Pals- I don't even know what to say about this band. They are like some weird, freakish mix of post-hardcore, experimental metal-ish stuff that's just fun to listen to. It's a huge pity that their EP is only like, 15 minutes long because I love it. Their EP "Unleash The Compassion" is out now.

Death From Above 1979's new remix album "Romance Bloody Romance" - Seriously. This remix album is probably one of the best out there. The Justice remix of "Blood On Our Hands" is just soooo priceless, I mean how can you not love the added synth beat things that make it sound like real hand claps?

The Decemberists - I love this band so much. I don't know how anyone couldn't, they are just that much fun. It's kind of hard to classify their sound, but they're in the indie folksy range. If you picked up a copy of their latest LP, "Picaresque" you should go out and find the little EP of b-sides and various rarities they recorded during that period called "Picaresqueties". The song "The Bandit Queen (With Dialogue and Tap Dancing)" is just such a prime example of The Decemberists being awesome.
09:08 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Red Pandas (the actualy animal) are amazing animals. I love them ... as for the music it's fucking awesome as well :)

Oh and yeah, thanks for the "promotion" Frank :)
09:12 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
quitmyscene
skin, bones, blood, teeth
Cambridge, MA
Female - 24 Years Old
i just finished you shall know our velocity! two nights ago. dave eggers is wonderful.
09:13 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
I've also already heard of Sleeping at Last ... I am very happy to see them being recommended; I'm going to relisten to their stuff, as its been quite a while since I've listened to them.
09:18 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
poppa Q
LBTBG
So Ill
Male
Frank, you're such a pimp.
09:20 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
i actually just listened to the matchbook romance and motion city soundtrack again and it totally amazed me. As for dragon quest 8 i heard theres suppose to be a FF 12 demo so I can't wait for that to come out
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by poppa Q
Frank, you're such a pimp.

But you're the POPPA!!
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Chico
i actually just listened to the matchbook romance and motion city soundtrack again and it totally amazed me. As for dragon quest 8 i heard theres suppose to be a FF 12 demo so I can't wait for that to come out

Fuck yeah, that demo is just one more reason to buy the game. If not the only reason ..... but DQ8 is going to be amazing.
09:22 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
i remember playin dragon warrior as a kid but i actually never tried any of the other dragon quest games
09:22 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
StartingLine182
Stay What You Are
New York
Male - 27 Years Old
I was actually listening to Sleeping at Last earlier tonight...very underated.
09:23 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
Upper Vest Side
Male
Originally Posted by hickpuff
Fuck yeah, that demo is just one more reason to buy the game. If not the only reason ..... but DQ8 is going to be amazing.

Dammit, where are more girls like you? Hot, likes good music and video games....you are a rare type for sure.
09:24 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Chico
i remember playin dragon warrior as a kid but i actually never tried any of the other dragon quest games

Dragon Warrior and Dragon Quest = Same thing.

Dragon Quest was the name they used in Japan, while Warrior was used in the states. However for this game they decided to stop confusing gamers and finally just call it Dragon Quest.
09:26 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by unwritten
Dammit, where are more girls like you? Hot, likes good music and video games....you are a rare type for sure.

I try to keep up.
09:28 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
fire on my lips
COME ON YOU SPURS
DC/LI
Male - 25 Years Old
anthony green = sexiest man alive therefore i await like lions
09:29 PM on 11/12/05 
User Info.
Katie Schmitz
OMGZ SKWRL!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Female - 29 Years Old
Originally Posted by fire on my lips
anthony green = sexiest man alive therefore i await like lions

circa survive is actually playing a show near me!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos