Password

Comments: Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 208 of 208
04:27 PM on 11/14/05
DieForAlgernon
death and taxes
User Info.
Originally Posted by whitepony

your a frigging deusch bag. For two reasons. Number 1, you banned someone for voicing there opinion. What the F would this site be if people couldn't say what they wanted. You were just pissed because he was making you look like an asshole. and Number 2, 99% of AMERICA does NOT eat 3 meals a day. are you fucking serious? Do you know how much of this country is poor and impoverished? and then of the percentage of the population that isn't poor, those people do not even eat 3 meals a day either. maybe you and the Cleaver family. but last time i checked, most high schoolers and college kids don't even stop for breakfast anymore, a very small percentage.

So get over yourself. You think you have all this power by running this website. Fuck off. if anyone on here thought about it for 2 seconds they would probably realize they could have been banned for making an offhand comment many a time, only in this case, the young gentleman you banned happened to catch you on the day you started your period.

you will probibly be banned soon also, and i agree with you, just without all the trash talking.
06:48 PM on 11/14/05
catchmealone
Polka King of AP.net
User Info.
Originally Posted by whitepony

your a frigging deusch bag. For two reasons. Number 1, you banned someone for voicing there opinion. What the F would this site be if people couldn't say what they wanted. You were just pissed because he was making you look like an asshole. and Number 2, 99% of AMERICA does NOT eat 3 meals a day. are you fucking serious? Do you know how much of this country is poor and impoverished? and then of the percentage of the population that isn't poor, those people do not even eat 3 meals a day either. maybe you and the Cleaver family. but last time i checked, most high schoolers and college kids don't even stop for breakfast anymore, a very small percentage.

So get over yourself. You think you have all this power by running this website. Fuck off. if anyone on here thought about it for 2 seconds they would probably realize they could have been banned for making an offhand comment many a time, only in this case, the young gentleman you banned happened to catch you on the day you started your period.

You are a moron. Frank admitted that his statement was a bit overdramaticized. Get over it. The people who run this site do not look down on us simply because of who they are.
And that guy hardly made Frank look like a moron. If anything, that guy made himself look like a moron.
11:08 PM on 11/14/05
catchacurse
User Info.
yeah my friend had to be a runner for them along with dredg, mewithoutyou, & the blood brothers....& she had to get all that stuff + stuff for 3 more bands all by herself. it took her like 5 hours.
11:32 PM on 11/14/05
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
[quote=realschmiel82] the 3 rotisserie chickens are a little weird quote]

Have you ever had those, they are great. It's a quick and easy way to have a decent meal. Good slow cooked chickens are they are usually $5-5.99 each, so it's really a cheap way to feed 11 people a good easy "store-cooked" meal.
07:16 PM on 11/15/05
Midnight Aria
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Someone mentioned that they didn't know why the list had to be so specific. . .well, if your gonna ask for 2 cases of soda, and you happen to like a certain type of soda, why the hell wouldn't you say what you want? Some of these later posts hit the nail on the head. As a member of a touring band (albeit a very small relatively unknown touring band, atleast for now) I have experienced getting to the venue for early load-in, and not being able to get somewhere to get some food. imagine eating at noon, and not eating again until well after you play at 8 or 9. your performance might be less than steller, and promoters don't want that. Not to mention that artists don't want to work with promoters who leave them in those situations.

and some people are right when they assume that these ryders don't apply to every show at every venue. We have played a place called the new brookland tavern in S.C. a few times, and they have fairly large band come through there. Hatebreed have played there before, and the sound guy told me they couldn't even use all of their gear on the smaller stage.

Personally I can't wait to be able to show up at the show and have food and everything I personally need to perform a good show waiting for me. The desire to achieve that level of succes is what makes the hard times survivable.

and as far as local openers not getting paid. . .Give me a break!!! I'd gladly PAY $100 to open for CoCa, becsue I would know that if we played well, we would make atleast 3 or 400 in merch.

I heard a story once on Behind the music about Bon Jovi, back in the late 80's. if they sold out one night, the promoter had to get them all leather jackets. it worked all the way up to a sports car for EACH MEMBER of the band, if they sold out like 5 nights. If promoters know what they are doing, and understand that you have to spend money to make money, then you better believe that they can pull in some serious cash. . .Because if they weren't making money, than things like riders wouldn't exist. its really that simple. well. . .not really, but thats what it boils down to.
11:52 PM on 11/15/05
nerogtr
Producer/Engineer
User Info.
they talked about this at the show tonight in RI. the drama seemed to really be bothering claudio. he didn't see the big deal, and says the band pays for all that shit anyway.
07:48 PM on 11/16/05
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
Originally Posted by Midnight Aria

and as far as local openers not getting paid. . .Give me a break!!! I'd gladly PAY $100 to open for CoCa, becsue I would know that if we played well, we would make atleast 3 or 400 in merch.

I saw the rider for the Hatebreed/Poison The Well/Bane Tour a few years ago and they said in the contract that the local opener gets $100. I thought that was pretty cool of them.
08:35 PM on 11/16/05
lildevotionalx
music is life.
User Info.
Originally Posted by nerogtr
they talked about this at the show tonight in RI. the drama seemed to really be bothering claudio. he didn't see the big deal, and says the band pays for all that shit anyway.

It bothers me that this thread is creating so much fucking drama that even Claudio is upset about it:( when he has no reason to be because that rider is NOTHING outta the ordinary and pretty damn modest to say the least.
02:27 PM on 11/13/06
Matt_Dizzle
User Info.
lol
09:34 AM on 02/02/07
transylvanian
The Unnatural
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

If I were in a band that big, my rider would consist of:
one (1) reuben sandwich
one (1) 2-litre botle of Pepsi
one (1) no-name frozen cheesecake

It's like they think they're gods.
06:05 PM on 03/22/07
xbrianwardx
Smoke Ya Later!
User Info.
That is really pretty reasonable. Their sound guy just did a tour with the band I tour with & he's probably one of the nicest dudes ever. Super easy to get along with, ultra laid back & never complains about anything. From what he's told me plenty of times, Coheed are the same way. We also have 11 on our bus & we don't get that much but shit goes really fast with 11 dudes. Plus you have people "on ur bus drinkin ur booze" every night, if you will. With all things considered I wasn't surprised with their "demands" plus I'm sure they are pretty flexible on that. Riders a lot of times have extra stuff on them & it's all open for discussion depending on catering budgets, etc. Looking from the outside in though & not knowing what you're doing, I could see where that might seem like a lot.
12:24 AM on 03/24/07
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

If I were in a band that big, my rider would consist of:
one (1) reuben sandwich
one (1) 2-litre botle of Pepsi
one (1) no-name frozen cheesecake

It's like they think they're gods.
You say that now, but in reality it wouldnt be like that. Having to pay for your own food blows.
I played at a show once where i had to buy my own water. that was bullshit.
i wish i could make a ryder=[
But ya, all that stuff seems pretty reasonable. I mean, a bands gotta eat. if they were being assholes about it i would say fuck you and get like half the stuff. Thats just the kind of person i am.
03:21 PM on 05/14/07
itsdewey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i would expect worse. not bad

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT