Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59.
06:09 PM on 07/07/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I like them, but I enjoy Blessthefall
Well, the jury is still out on me for Blessthefall. At least they no longer have Craig which means they've got something going for them.
07:30 PM on 07/07/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Well, the jury is still out on me for Blessthefall. At least they no longer have Craig which means they've got something going for them.
Yeah that's true.
10:41 PM on 07/17/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.

And Motionless In White is the worst band I've heard lately.

But dude, Ultimate Guitar gave them a 10 out of 10!!!!111
11:12 PM on 07/17/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
hahahah holy crap. Their guitarist messaged me on myspace once bitching me out for "talking shit" although I never did. I pointed that out with a nice little retort and he never responded.
11:17 PM on 07/17/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
hahahah holy crap. Their guitarist messaged me on myspace once bitching me out for "talking shit" although I never did. I pointed that out with a nice little retort and he never responded.
I bad mouthed Broadway Calls on here and somehow one of the band memebers messaged me on MySpace about my comments and tried to play it off like, "We don't care. What do you know? You're just a kid". Haha fuck that band.
11:42 PM on 07/17/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
I remember reading about Broadways Calls dropping off of Warped and saying something along the lines of "We left because it wasn't fun playing with Christian jocks who played REALLY HEAVY music for Jesus", lol.
11:46 PM on 07/17/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I remember reading about Broadways Calls dropping off of Warped and saying something along the lines of "We left because it wasn't fun playing with Christian jocks who played REALLY HEAVY music for Jesus", lol.
That's exactly why I bad mouthed them on the site. Sometimes you just have to fucking deal with shit and roll with the punches. Obviously they can't deal because instances like that are a common occurance with that band.
03:21 PM on 08/25/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
I am most definitely not getting "so angry" and how does one post translate into me "not knowing my genres"? I've never heard of Lambgoat and i have no idea what that has to do with anything either.

I simply came into this thread to disagree with some guy calling this album "generic deathcore".
I then threw out a loose definition for death core as using metalcore riffs and breakdowns as i've understood it to be.

THEN i get someone quoting me saying NO THATS NOT DEATHCORE, DEATHCORE IS - metalcore with hardcore breakdowns with the technicality of death metal, which seems extremely similar to my definition.

Then people are quoting me calling me an idiot, so I responded by pointing out that Whitechapel's myspace say's they're death metal, so if eveyone quoting me is so correct about the album being "deathcore" why don't they tell Whitechapel they're wrong and continue this stupid debate with them - because as i stated in my first post I don't care for these ludicrous what-genre-is-what debates because they are stupid and everyone thinks there right.

THEN you feel the need to quote me talking about some random band saying their fans would crucify me then make a point to call me stupid.

So I'm not getting "so angry", nor am I getting "so angry" because I don't know my genres. I am just annoyed at people on this site endlessly trying to cause stupid debates and always being so gung ho to quote random people and call them stupid over absolutely nothing.

You obviously have issues if when reading my posts and their subsequent quotings you're first response is to quote me saying im stupid and should be "fucking" crucified.
Note the genre liston myspace is very limited. It's hardcore, metal, death metal, grind....
10:00 AM on 09/02/09
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
screw all these deathcore genres and fighting over em. these dudes are MEEETALLL. ;P
10:37 PM on 09/03/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.

'Nuff said.

(loltracecyrus)
08:57 AM on 09/17/09
Inhale 777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't care dude if they shitty or not. that band is fucking awsome.
02:50 PM on 12/08/09
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
I honestly think you rated this about 20% too low.
04:15 AM on 07/04/10
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Your review doesn't really match your score :/
04:08 PM on 08/13/10
The Blue Note
User Info.
I'm here to END THIS (note if you want to know what pros and everyone else says about whitechapel, skip to the end and skip the synopsis of the two. Unless you need to know.)

Though a sub-genre of metalcore, deathcore is heavily influenced by modern death metal in its speed, heaviness, and approach to chromatic, heavily palm mutedriffing and dissonance. Traditional growls, and screaming are prevalent, often combined with metalcore vocals. Much of deathcore features breakdowns and melodic riffs common in metalcore- so say wikipedia on deatchore.

Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes- so say wikipedia on death metal....

Basically, death metal is like the cousin of grind, with deeper vocals, and it's less repetitive. Deathcore is metalocre and death metal if they had a baby.

Wikipedia says that Whitechapel is DEATHCORE
By the definitions, it seems as if Whitechapel is Death Metal, not Deathcore. Can't trust Wikipedia...
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums