Username
Password
Bamboozle News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bamboozle
Inside AP.net

Bamboozle Left Auction Main Stage

Posted by: Mike Kraft (03/28/09)
Bamboozle Left will be auctioning off an appearance on the festival's main stage. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the One Love for Chi foundation to aid in the ongoing medical care of Deftones bass player, Chi Cheng.

Submitted by Allister29698 and chech95

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
09:13 AM on 03/28/09
MeMyselfAndI
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would disagree with this if the money was going to Bamboozle, but its not. Cool opportunity for a band to have the biggest show of their life. I can see this going to 10k+.
09:23 AM on 03/28/09
untitled94
User Info.
its an awesome cause..but i duno any self respecting band that could afford that in the first place
09:51 AM on 03/28/09
cory-182
User Info.
Cool to see the scene helping Chi out, but this seems a little odd to me.

For some reason CIWWAF comes to mind....
10:16 AM on 03/28/09
davidmest
bitches ain't shit.
User Info.
seems like a good way to raise some bills for the guy
10:33 AM on 03/28/09
onthefringe
User Info.
cool idea.
10:41 AM on 03/28/09
WisteriaCory
Co-Owner / Pretty Awesome Guy
User Info.
Great idea . . . . I support this.
10:42 AM on 03/28/09
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
lmao because they cant get anyone else to play......ha ha haha, so they're having some local band pay THEM to play.. have you seen the bamboozle left lineup, its so thin and small. whoops.
11:34 AM on 03/28/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
playing to a million people just standing there, scratching their heads doesn't sound like fun. finally something is done for Chi
01:14 PM on 03/28/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Wow. It's only at $400 right now... Hell, if it doesn't get any higher than that, I'll freakin buy it. I imagine someone will offer a huge sum at the end.

One thing I don't understand, and I ask this with utmost respect: How is Chi Cheng not able to afford medical care?
02:07 PM on 03/28/09
BON
I AM BěN
User Info.
hes been in a coma for so long that his insurance decided they were not going to cover it anymore.

Im sure you will see friends bands doing benefit shows up in nor cal to keep his fight alive
02:37 PM on 03/28/09
CLoach
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would disagree with this if the money was going to Bamboozle, but its not. Cool opportunity for a band to have the biggest show of their life. I can see this going to 10k+.

why would you disagree if it went to bamboozle? bands and clubs sell their opening slots to smaller bands all the time...
03:42 PM on 03/28/09
timbedinosaur
Stay lucky
User Info.
Great cause but with some of the bands playing it, haven't they basically auctioned it off the highest bidder?
07:10 PM on 03/28/09
MeMyselfAndI
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why would you disagree if it went to bamboozle? bands and clubs sell their opening slots to smaller bands all the time...
I would disagree because it wouldn't be an equal opportunity. It would be who ever has the biggest trust fund gets it. According to John's article in Alt Press that is not what he supports. Bamboozle is an equal(kind of) opporturtunity employer haha.
07:18 PM on 03/28/09
Roadie
User Info.
who is going to pay a shit load of money to play a show that only their fans would care about? if this was the slot before the headliners then it would be worth it, but if its the opening one then its not worth the money.
it is a good idea in theory but only a stupid band would do. they can spend their money in more important places. paying a thousand dollars for ads on websites and ads in magazines would get you a far bigger and better audience.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests