AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Sherwood - Sherwood Album Cover

Sherwood - Sherwood

Reviewed by
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Sherwood - Sherwood
Release Date: February 2, 2004
Record Label: Side-Cho

Sherwood’s album is an enjoyable mix of musical styles. With vocal stylings similar to Ace Enders (Early November) and drumming comparable to Copeland, Sherwood has followed a formula that has proven to be successful. Slow, emotional choruses and tight, crisp guitar work assist catchy verses. Fans of emo-rock will really dig what this CD has to offer. While you can detect the band’s talent instantly, there is definitely something lacking in each song. Every song has a good hook and a nice flow to it, but there is simply nothing unique about Sherwood, minus a few tracks – one of these being “Pray Forgive Me These Mistakes”. Synth drums move a slow ballad of a song forward. It’s a great testament to how awesome Sherwood’s vocals are. He really sounds like Aaron from Copeland in this track. Another track, “Anything You Choose” displays Ozma-esque keyboards while guitars twang forth an alt-country beat. This eventually falls into the same pattern as all the other songs, give or take a breakdown or two. Nonetheless, it’s still a fun album to listen to. Overall, it’s a solid effort. Check it out if you want something new to listen to you in your car while you drive home late at night.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
02:37 AM on 01/03/06
XBurnedDesireX
All the way from Noraz
User Info.
One of the best live bands i have seen..also amazingly(i dont even kow if that is a word!!) nice people.
02:35 PM on 11/27/06
mynameistaken
User Info.
what a bullshit review..... it deserves way better ratings

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News