Username
Password
Myspace News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Myspace
Inside AP.net

Mastodon Secret Show

Posted by: Steve Henderson (04/13/09)
Mastodon will be playing a Myspace Secret Show on April 15th in Albuquerque, NM. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:04 PM on 04/13/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
MYSPACE MUSIC ANNOUNCES SECRET SHOW FEATURING MASTODON

Grammy-Nominated Hard Rock Band to Perform at LaunchPad in Albuquerque, NM on Wednesday, April 15

Special Guests to Include Kylesa and Intronaut

April 13, 2009 - MySpace Music is pleased to announce an upcoming Secret Show featuring Mastodon at LaunchPad on Wednesday, April 15. The Secret Show performance will be held exclusively for MySpace users, who were notified via MySpace Music’s Secret Show profile (http://www.myspace.com/secretshows). Doors for the concert will open at 8:00 PM. Special guests Kylesa and Intronaut will be opening the show.

MySpace Music recently premiered, "Crack the Skye", the fourth full-length album from the Grammy-nominated band. Continuing to employ a conceptual framework to their songwriting, Mastodon's new album is an apt successor to its widely-received, genre-crossing "Blood Mountain" album of 2006, marrying mythology with mathematical Metal to stunning results. “Crack the Skye” was produced by Brendan O'Brien (Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam, AC/DC). In addition to the band’s charting success, Mastodon will also be performing this year as part of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival in Indio, CA, on Saturday, April 18, 2009. For more information about Mastodon, visit their official MySpace Music profile page at: http://www.myspace.com/mastodon.

MySpace Music has organized nearly 200 Secret Shows since the franchise launched in February 2006 with artists like The Cure, Lily Allen, Fall Out Boy, Gnarls Barkley, The Offspring, Neil Diamond, Slayer, Franz Ferdinand, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs performing in cities around the world. Users must friend the Secret Shows profile page in order to receive advanced notice of the special, free concerts. From there, they will find more information about the artists and upcoming schedule. Visit the MySpace Secret Shows profile at for all show details: http://www.myspace.com/secretshows.
07:10 PM on 04/13/09
yoyostring
Somebody, please put me in a yo-yo.
User Info.
why call it a "secret" show, when it's clearly not a secret. never understood that..
08:22 PM on 04/13/09
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I have a anthropology lab at that time that I skipped last week for a different concert. This sucks.

Maybe I can get a friend to wait in line. I've been dying for one of these secret shows to come here. Small venue for this sort of show for sure.
08:48 PM on 04/13/09
Sandie-Jenkins
Ignore the chiodos SN, this is old.
User Info.
why call it a "secret" show, when it's clearly not a secret. never understood that..
Yeah I don't get it either. This show's been on the venue's website for months saying it was free.
09:54 PM on 04/13/09
samsara
Love.
User Info.
OH people are going to have to get there super early. Place is going to get packed.
01:03 AM on 04/14/09
ArmoredSleep
I call fives
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mastodon is amazing live
10:02 AM on 04/14/09
Remnants
User Info.
I wish I could go to this.
06:16 AM on 04/16/09
Jefferson Rank